Who Are They and Where Are They Today?
April 29, 2018
Iraqi Jews sometimes define themselves as "Babylonians." This presentation explains why, dwelling on the many centuries of religious co-existence in Mesopotamia and describing the rise of nationalism in modern Iraq.
Sources & Future References
- Zvi Yehuda, New Babylonian Diaspora (2017)
- Orit Bashkin, New Babylonians (2012)
- Robert Shahsa, Iraq’s Last Jews (2008)
- Abbas Shiblak, Iraqi Jews (2005)
- Studies in the History of Culture of the Jews in Babylonia, an anthology (2002)
- Naïm Kattan, Farewell, Babylon (1975)
If you would like to contact the presenter directly, please email us at afikra and we will connect you!