Who were the early Arab Herbalists & where was the worlds first Pharmacy
April 24, 2016
This presentation explores early Arab Herbalism & the first pharmacy in the world. It dives into topics such as the making of medicine, contributions from the Islamic Golden Age and herbal manuscripts.
Sources & Future References
- The Ghafiqi Project at McGill University
- A History of Herbal Medicine
- Medicine in the Medieval Islamic World
- Pharmacy and Pharmacology in the Islamic Civilization
- Botany, Herbals and Healing In Islamic Science and Medicine
- Al-Razi’s “Comprehensive Book on Medicine”
- Greco-Arab and Islamic Herbal Medicine
If you would like to contact the presenter directly, please email us at afikra and we will connect you!