Who is the“King of the Oud”?
March 26, 2017
This presentation revolves around Farid Al Atrash, and why he was crowned the King of Oud. It explores the world Farid Al Atrash was born into, the Oud, Farid’s musical upbringing, style, cinematic work, and, finally, his legacy.
Sources & Future references
- Celebrating the Golden Age of Arab Music
- Musical Improvisation: Play, Efficacy, and Significance
- The Many Faces of Improvisation: The Arab Taqāsīm as a Musical Symbol
- Farid Al Atrash
- Remembering Farid al-Atrash: A Contender in the Age of Giants
- Masculinity, Romance, and Performance according to Farid al-Atrash
If you would like to contact the presenter directly, please email us at afikra and we will connect you!